Cypress Grove Humbolt FogRegular price $19.99
Soft-Ripened Goat Milk Cheese from Humboldt County California
The Original American Original®. Conceived in a dream (yes, really!) by founder Mary Keehn, this masterpiece paved the way for soft-ripened goat cheese in America. Each handcrafted wheel features a distinctive ribbon of edible vegetable ash. You'll enjoy buttermilk and fresh cream, complemented with floral notes, herbaceous overtones, and a clean citrus finish. As Humboldt Fog matures, the creamline develops and the flavor intensifies.
- Drizzle with honey and serve with prosciutto, tart apple and Marcona almonds
- Crumble it over a fall or summer salad of greens with a vinaigrette
- Beer Pairing: IPAs, Porters, or Wheats, Pale Ales, or Stouts
- Wine Pairings: Demi-Sec Sparkling Wine, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio, Rosé, Sweet Sheet, Zinfandel, Pinot Noir, or a Vouvray
- American Cheese Society 1998, 2002, 2005, 2019
- Best of California, California State Fair 2019
- Gold, World Cheese Awards 2014, 2018
- Gold, London International Cheese Competition 2004
- Best of Class, US Championship Cheese Contest 2017
- Best Cheese & Dairy Product, IFFCS (New York) 2002
To optimize the quality of Humboldt Fog, keep cheese cold (32°–40°F) and wrapped in waxed paper. Re-wrapping soft-ripened cheese in wax or parchment paper will allow the cheese to breathe as it continues to ripen. Removing from the refrigerator at least one hour before serving.